Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Post-Operation TBD Post



Speaking of Operation Teen Book Drop -

The second annual event, presented by readergirlz, GuysLitWire, and YALSA, was held last Thursday, April 16th, 2009 in honor of Teen Literature Day. Over 8,000 teen books were donated to pediatric hospitals all over the country. People were encouraged to drop books anywhere - libraries, skate parks, coffeehouses, bus stops, subways - as lucky finds for lucky readers, with bookplates pasted inside such as the one you see to the left of this text.

This was the first year GuysLitWire joined up. I hope GLW will be rocking the drop again next year.

How many of you participated? I'd love to hear which books you dropped, and where - Let me know in the comments below. If you have pictures, please share them!

3 comments :

Colleen said...

I rocked it but didn't take a picture. I honestly still can't really do the cellphone picture thing! (sigh...) I felt bad only dropping one book when I have a ton but I will drop 100 or so off at Children's next month. That's like a massive drop isn't it???

We will be back next year - and we will be even more organized as I solemnly promise to have my s**t together way more when it comes to the week of TBD. (I did great behind the scenes, but was suffering from post-vacation fatigue in the end.... :)

Little Willow said...

That IS a massive drop. Go, Colleen!

Sarah Stevenson said...

It would be great to do something as a group, somehow, the way the Readergirlz did...I'm not sure how we could do that other than virtually.